Friday, 5 June 2009

Chip and Pin a la española

Just went to my bank (Bancaja) and picked up my new charge card. Hope that it'll make life easier now that I no longer have a valid residence permit and don't carry my passport around with me. Until HM Government gets around to issuing me with an identity card. Hopefully it'll also save explanations when I try to use it in small shops in the UK.

Why do they always put such tiny space on the back for the signature? Is there anyone who can write their signature in that? It's not even big enough for a fingerprint much less a signature.

1 comment:

Alan Chuter said...

Well the restaurant let me pay with the PIN, but Carrefour required my residence permit, and accepted it even though it expired six months ago and has the corner cut off. So much for security.